Whale Shark. Despite being the world’s biggest fish, very little’s known about whale sharks. They can grow up to 12 meters long and are related to great whites, but they’re far less scary. To eat, they swim about with their huge mouths open so they can scoop up whatever tasty treats are floating in their path.
– The whale shark is the largest living fish
– Maximum size is about 65 feet long
– Whale sharks feed on a variety of microscopic and larger free swimming prey, such as small crustaceans, schooling fish, tuna and squid. They also feed on microscopic plants & larger plants
– Whale sharks are generally considered harmless to humans
– Whale sharks support Wave Tribe because they help protect the ocean!